- Accomplished Business / Technical Director with over 14 years of experience delivering technology solutions for companies such as Microsoft, Bluetooth, Medtronic, Group Health Cooperative and Holland America Line.
- Managed a professional services team of 20 resources, with a $2M+ project portfolio while helping to achieve a 44% proposal win-rate.
- Five years of progressive experience designing and implementing enterprise-level SharePoint 2007/2010 solutions spanning new implementations, integration, customization and migrations.
- Recognized dynamic leader with an exceptional record of using web technologies and service oriented architecture (SOA) to solve business problems across the enterprise.
- Unique combination of business, technical and communication expertise including, an advanced degree from the Murrow College of Communication.
- SharePoint 2007/2010 Enterprise Solutions
- Web Content Management / Portals
- Service Orientated Architecture (SOA)
- E-Commerce / Custom Web Applications
- Executive Leadership & Communication
- Team / Project Management
- Vendor / Technology Selection
- Public Speaking Engagements / Blogs
|Allyis, Kirkland, WA
Director of Professional Services
5/2010 - Present
- Responsible for building and growing the Allyis SharePoint consultancy practice from 7 to 20 people. This included direct team management, pre-sales engineering and writing project proposals.
- Matured the practice by formalizing team roles, implementing quality control, defining engagement methodology, establishing software development measures and standardizing project documentation.
- Experience spans SharePoint 2007/2010 business solutions, technical architecture for content management systems (CMS), enterprise portals, intranets/extranets and public facing sites.
- Member of Allyis executive leadership team responsible for managing professional service line of business.
- Presented at two SharePoint conferences: SharePoint Intelligence and SharePoint Palooza.
Key Projects Included:
- Microsoft: MyOEM- First authenticated SharePoint public facing site hosted by Microsoft IT.
- Microsoft: OEM Elements- Custom SharePoint solution utilizing Live ID for authentication.
- Microsoft: OEM Incentives Portal Consolidation- Azure based CMS utilizing Live ID for authentication.
- Group Health Cooperative: Connection- Design and development of new intranet.
- Holland America Line: HomePort- Design and development of new intranet.
|Bluetooth, Kirkland, WA
Director of Online Programs
2/2009 - 5/2010
- Directly managed the development team for www.bluetooth.com and www.bluetooth.org and successfully lead the implementation of SCRUM for the development process.
- Effectively merged two key technology streams (.NET and ColdFusion) to more efficiently respond to internal and external client needs.
- Successfully delivered a complete rebuild of the mission critical applications supporting luetooth.org which included software and O/S upgrades, source code and system configuration controls, pre-production environments, backup/recovery plans and associated documentation.
- Managed the platform migration from MCMS 2002 to SharePoint 2007 for Blutooth.com.
- Achieved a continuous reduction in work request backlogs using SCRUM.
- Presented to Bluetooth Board of Directors on strategic direction for online team.
|Physio-Control, Inc., Division of Medtronic, Redmond, WA
Principal IT Technologist
5/1999 - 10/2008
- Proposed and secured multi-year organization commitment for new system integration infrastructure based on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) by driving alignment between IT, R&D and vendor organizations.
- Initiated and managed to completion a $500,000 project -- comprised of vendor, technology and implementation decisions -- to execute SOA strategic plans.
- Managed the development of a new Online Commerce platform built on Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS), which provided customers real-time access to ERP system for purchasing products.
- Successfully implemented web service integrations amongst ERP, PLM, CAPA and Online Commerce platform.
- Presented Physio-Control SOA strategy to Medtronic corporate technology council, including the CIO.
Sr. IT Business Systems Analyst
- Web development SME for the organization tasked with creating business and technical solutions involving sales, service, marketing, R&D and IT teams.
- Provided IT technical leadership for new product development, a first in the history of the company.
- Drove the adoption of Microsoft SharePoint to reduce IT burden and improve employee effectiveness.
- Represented business unit on SOA, eBusiness and Content Management corporate committees.
Web Application Developer
- Sole Web Application Developer with responsibility for designing, developing and managing all public-facing web properties.
- Created the first electronic product catalog as well as systems for interacting with distribution partners.
- Designed and developed a custom intranet/extranet based application used by potential customers to evaluate new product solution offerings.
- Consultant for strategic, creative and technical web application planning.
Master of Arts, Communications (Top 10% of Class)
Washington State University, Pullman, WA
Bachelor of Music, Music Education
University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, WA